Residency Options

Residency Options in Croatia

Work & Stay-Residency 

This permit allows you to Work & Stay in Croatia.

  • This residency requires a contract of work from a Croatian firm to be included in the application.
  • Both experience and certificates for any training claimed must be qualified.
  • Sufficient funds for your set-up in Croatia must be demonstrated.
  • Applications can be made with your spouse children under 18 years.
  • Permanent residency after 5 years.
  • Croatian Citizenship after 8 years.

Highly-Qualified Residency

An education certificate with qualifications such as ISCED 1997 levels 5a or higher, or an associate’s degree or higher are required. (Blue-Card network)

  • A contract of work for a highly-qualified position within a Croatian firm is required.
  • Applications can be with your spouse and children, who are dependents.
  • Permanent residency 5 years.
  • Croatian Citizenship after 8 years.

Self-Employed (Own Business)

Start or Expand your own business to obtain Croatian Residency

  • You are required to have a business plan with start-up capital of around 27,000€, with which, your business will be founded and operative.
  • This business can make property investments if required.
  • 51% of company shares are to be held by the owner / residency applicant.
  • It is required to hire at least 3 Croatian Nationals full-time.
  • You should hire yourself as an employee of the company and pay yourself a gross salary that meets or exceeds the average gross salary in the Republic of Croatia in the previous year, currently 1,180€ per month.

Our services allow you to apply for Croatian Residency, renew your current Croatia Residency, secure a Permanent Croatia Residence or obtain Croatia Citizenship with a Croatian Passport. All services are offered for Croatian immigration in various languages and cover everything required to allow you and your family to work and live in Croatia. Once your Croatian Residency is achieved, you will have freedom of movement to visit most of countries in Europe, with only your Croatian Residency card.​

What our Clients say:

FAQ: Non-EU Residents

To obtain your Croatian Residency certificate we will present for you:

  • Your foreigner’s tax number.
  • Your proof of health insurance payments.
  • A fully and correctly completed residency application form.
  • Your valid and in-date passport. (Certified Attestation if required)
  • Proof of income which demonstrates the required amounts.

´Rezidencija´, meaning residence, gives legal permission to stay in Croatia and has two different versions:
For Non-EU Citizens – this is a blue and pink card which contains the personal details and passport photo.
For EU Citizens – it is a green card which contains your personal details and no photo.

If you plan to spend more than 90 days in Croatia, you will need to apply for residency, classified as ´Rezidencija´ in Croatia.
EU nationals with the right to live and work in Croatia with mostly similar rights that Croatian citizens have.

You will be classified a Croatian resident when you spend more than 183 days (roughly six months) in Croatia in any one calendar year, these days do not have to be consecutive. This also applies to expatriates and owners of homes in Croatia.

To obtain permanent residency in Croatia and to be able to apply for citizenship, it is required to meet the 10-years of residence criteria and have lived continuously for a minimum of 5-years in Croatia, immediately prior to the application.

Do you still have questions? Send them to us below